Thursday, June 26, 2008

Farmer, So Much More Than a Dot on a Map


Farmer, or at least the schoolhouse near Farmer

Well maybe not much more than a dot. In fact other than a sign pointing toward Mansfield there isn't much there, other than this building. I'm not actually sure that this building is actually in Farmer. Anyway, Farmer is not America's play land and probably could be argued that it is nothing at all.
I have passed this building many times in my life, just sitting there in a wheat field, off on the horizon. Once on the way back from a fishing trip, my Grandfather explained that it was a old schoolhouse. My cloudy childhood memory, believes that he said that it was in use through the late 1940's and he had attended school there. These facts are very likely false, but sound nice.
Today's two photos were taken 8 years ago, shortly after my mom's death. While on a road trip out to coulee country in a borrowed car.
Enjoy
Dan

No comments: