Friday, July 16, 2010

Talkin' Elk

Talkin' elk, yet another example of why this is America's finest blog. Occasionally, I go to work early enough that I get to see the elk grazing in yards of our foothills community, and every time I see them, I say to myself, "Self, it's going to be a great day." In some sort of dorky way it's cool, you see elk on your way to work, not everyone gets to say that. However the reality is, after seeing the elk, work usually is a terrible mess, worse that most days.
ELK!!
But you know, it's the whole it's going to be a great day thing, that makes living were we do great. I mean back in the ol' Shoreline days, every time I saw a big old wood rat run toward the creek, I never thought, oh boy it's a great day. I guess it is living someplace were there are elk that is the cool thing, even if work is terrible, it was fun to see elk on the way to work, it's fun to see elk in the evening and it's fun to have my boy want to take a break from Scooby-Doo to go out and watch the elk.
I'm a dork

No comments: