Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Few Moments in Coulee City

So on the anniversary of the creation of the Port of Coulee City, which by the way mostly maintains a park, medical clinic and moorage for 25 boats, I thought I would give a few thoughts on Coulee City.  Coulee City has a couple memories for me, one is the A La Cozy Motel, where my father and I stayed several times when we would go fishing at Banks Lake.  Every time I pass the place I am glad to see it there.  The other memory of Coulee City is when my Mom and I went for a drive to the Grand Coulee Dam and we stopped for lunch in Coulee City.  My Mom was a bit sceptical about eating in town, I assured her it would be fine, and it was, she raved about the turkey sandwich, it was real turkey.  Funny how a town of 600, two hundred miles from home can hold so many memories.

No comments: