Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Couple Thoughts

The Harlem Shake is taking over the universe with nearly everyone on earth up loading a video to YouTube.  Which is great and utterly unoriginal.  It probably only irritates people like me, so I have learned or I am trying to learn to deal with it.  It reminds me of a day back in the summer of 1996 when I sat listening to the Mariners play the Yankees on KXLE.  The M's were in New York, I believe that Dan Wilson our beloved catcher hit a ball into the upper deck in left field in that game, anyway listening to this game gave me one of those moments in life that just don't ever repeat.  I got to listen to Dave Niehaus give the play by play description to 50,000 Yankee fans doing the Macarena.  The Macarena was the Harlem Shake of 1996, every political and sporting event (save the Republican Convention), and not mention most rodeos, state fairs and church picnics, featured the Macarena.  It to was neither original or amusing to people like me.
Tonight a picture in Ellensburg, circa 1996, myself and my dog.

1 comment:

jerrie said...

Doing the Matilda shake.