Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Lonely Hi-way


In previous posts we have discussed lonely Hi-way and its draw. I've always have been drawn to the road, and mostly due to a careful and proper up-bringing, I have not skirted my responsibilities to take off running down it. I've been working at the unpleasant hour of 5 AM lately and its those quiet drives to Bellevue which are the hardest. It has taken a bit of time to understand why, but I have got it now, for the majority of my life setting out to drive someplace at 4:30 AM would be the start of an adventure. Now its to pay a mortgage. Damn my careful and proper up-bringing. Oh well, life is good, even if driving to work at 4:30 AM is not. In honor of the nagging feeling to keep on driving, here are Lonely Hi-way photos taken by me.
Enjoy
Dan




U.S. Hwy 10 East of Vantage climbing out of Frenchman's Coulee

U.S. Hwy 10 West of Ellensburg

The Mother Road, Route 66, east of the Continental Divide in New Mexico,
in a place without a name.

The Lonely Hi-way descends into Zion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you stay up so late and then get up so early? I'm sure Cicely is glad for the careful up-bringing. I am so proud to have coined the lonely hi way moniker but I think you should spell it lonely highway.