Friday, February 11, 2011

Brier

Brier the word has so much meaning. I remember it was a place that my mother loathed, it didn't even have a proper library, the people were of a lesser standing, so on and so forth. For my part I really didn't see much of a difference between Brier or Lynnwood or Mountlake Terrace, all working class suburban towns that grew up in the 50's and 60's. No real history, no real style and without a soul. Just a place to park your car at night.
Growing up many of friends lived in Brier and I can remember in my high school years, playing Basketball at Brier Park until the wee hours, and causing mayhem and having to escape by taking off and running through cow pasture. And then there were the cops, I was probably pulled over by the Brier PD 15 times my junior year of high school. Mostly for nothing in particular and it always ended with a warning, not to do anything and leave to town. It was always a game of cat and mouse.
I enjoyed leaving so much, I don't miss the place. I have probably been through Brier less than a dozen times in since I left Snohomish County. Now I don't have any photos of Brier, so instead a picture of a horse that was likely from Brier.
Enjoy
Dan

1 comment:

jerrie said...

Not only is that horse from Brier, it was owned by the mayor of Brier and was being ridden by the mayor's daughter, Dana Balser, aka. the president of the Mountlake Terrace Drama club, 1978.