Friday, November 21, 2008

Destiny

When going through stacks of forgotten photos in Antique stores or thrift shops, its hard not to feel bad for people you are glancing at. Because they are the truly forgotten. At some point, their blood line ceased, or maybe their items fell into the hands of an unsentimental relative. Then again, are these the people that were so unredeeming in life, that once dead, their belongings were packed up and dropped off behind a thrift store. Even though their likeness does continue, we cannot assume that they remain in memories and hearts of the living. But I'd like to think that they do and that the photos I comb through are there for practical reasons. I think this because it is likely somebody 50 years from now may be looking through stacks of my pictures and assorted other stuff thinking the same thing. And I would like to believe that, memories of me will live on in the grandchildren and great-grandchildren that I may never see. The way that I will instill the memories of my mother and grandparents into my son. Dan

No comments: