Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Land Yacht or Why Not Buy American Gas is "Cheap" Again

Today being the 38th anniversary of the Oregon Highway Division's attempt to blow up a whale, I thought why not show a picture of a vehicle that is as big as a whale. This is a 1972 (ish)Plymouth station wagon, what a vehicle. I remember this particular Plymouth fondly, it had an extra luggage space in the floor in back and on long trips my sister would setup a pillow palace back there. My mom liked the car, so I remember, and was sad when we got rid of it. I also remembered it having faux wood siding, now that would have been stylish, but I guess I was wrong about that. Maybe with the big Detroit bailout money, the big 3 can once again build cars as awesome as the Plymouth wagon. Regardless, Plymouth, station wagons and the 1970's are truly just dusty moments in American folklore now.
Enjoy
Dan

No comments: