Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Reflector

Today's photo is of our Artist friend with another artist, Dick Elliot. The photo was taken at the Clymer Museum in June of this year. It has come to my attention that Mr. Elliot past away last week. Dick was famous for reflector art and for Dick and Jane's Spot, his home and the Mecca of reflector art. The house has been featured in among other places, Weird Washington. I met Dick on a couple of occasions and once was lucky enough to get to go inside his home. He and Jane owned a cleaning company or something like that, so I once interviewed for a job in the janitorial arts at their home. Most people I would talk to thought that the interior of the house would be even crazier than the exterior, some sort of reflector art acid trip, with Jane's paintings of subjects that should not be mentioned, thrown in for added flavor. But to the despair of many, the interior was quite normal and not unlike many other peoples homes in Ellensburg. Well I didn't get that job, but I did have a nice conversation with Dick.
Dick you will be missed.
You can Check out Dick and Jane at their website: http://www.reflectorart.com/index.html

No comments: