Sunday, October 11, 2009

Why You Shouldn't Take Six Year Olds Steelhead Fishing

Tonight's photos were taken by my dad, back in October of 1976. He had taken me steelhead fishing on the Skykomish River in Monroe, near the Lewis Street Bridge. All I remember of the trip was that it was really cold. In fact much too cold for a skinny little six year. We didn't last too long and needless to say no steelhead were caught. For years I associated steelhead fishing with cold, mostly because it always was cold when we went. Sometimes we would build a fire, sometimes we would sit in the car. And in this instance, when a six year old is too cold and probably bored, we would just pack up and leave. Later on I realized that steelhead fishing was great fun, but that's a story for another blog.

No comments: