Monday, April 4, 2011

Another One of Those Posts

Tonight is a classic what to blog post. I haven't had one of these in awhile I suppose, as I have had more not enough time to blog properly posts lately. So what to do when you can't think of anything, usually I lament not having anything to talk about and then add a photograph, as this is photo blog. Well tonight, I decided to just to look at a few pictures and see if anything clicked. I started in with my family's slides and found a set featuring Pat and Larry. Pat and Larry lived down toward Goldendale. I remember visiting them once, I must have been about 3 years old, they had just had a barn fire, or that's how I remember it, that could be absolutely wrong, in fact my memory of the place could be absolutely wrong. It was a real long time ago. But that aside, these pictures are just about the closest to taking photographs as my Dad ever got. I never thought my Dad to being anything more than a good picture guy. These pictures show something a bit more, it is evident from the record that Larry enjoyed taking pictures too, so that maybe why these pictures tend toward that next step. These photos were taken back in the early part of June 1970. I've decided to show photo as is and then the photo with a little 21st century touch up. So another one of those what to blog posts has turned into an exploration of a couple days with Pat and Larry, not bad. Relevant? Well I think not, but that's why this is America's finest blog.

Enjoy

No comments: