Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Putting Down Roots

On the anniversary of the last Sonic home game, I thought I would speak of the 3rd street house in Ellensburg, which was on 3rd avenue.  I moved into the house in April of 1996, prior to that I had become a bit of a nomad.  This was the 9th place I had lived in previous two and half years and in most of those places, I was moving into a place that somebody else already lived in, so I was always the new roommate.  It was pretty lame most the time.  Not to mention that some of the places I lived we down right miserable, there was the double wide trailer that leaked down the middle stem to stern and didn't have a functioning stove and one of the light sockets wasn't ground so if you plugged something in it sparked and the wall would glow.  That was super awesome and then there was the room that wasn't actually completely attached to the rest of the house.  And the roommate that wouldn't clean, what a fond memory.  This place on 3rd was like a bit of heaven, comparatively, sure it was really run down and suffered massive dry rot and the back yard was taken over by a weed that could not be tamed or removed.  I never said it was perfect, but it was a home.  I lived there for three and half years, there was a lot of joy and a lot of hard times.  It was after I moved into the place, that I got Matilda, so that was another plus.  Looking back it amazes me to think that I would struggle to come up with my third of the $400 a month rent.  It also amazes me to think it has been 15 years and that I really don't have any good pictures of the place.  So tonights photo is of my bedroom window.

No comments: