Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Change Has Come

For those expecting the photographic retrospective, "Dan's Hair Through the Ages," please check out Facebook in the next day or two for that. I'm sure you won't want to miss it. Being that this blog has wandered from it original purpose from time to time, I don't feel bad about making you, the readers of America's Finest Blog trod through the great haircut.
So the $64,000 question that I've had to field about 64,000 times in the last few days is, "Why you do it?" It mostly comes down to why not, I wish it was more than that, but reality is 90% of the decision was just that, why not after 15 years cut my hair short and if it's gonna be short, why not real short. The other 10% is really embracing change and getting over standing out.
That may sound odd, but I knew if and when I ever cut off my curly locks it would be a big deal, especially at work, and I really don't like being the center of attention. Somebody today asked if I was tired of the media attention around my haircut, and I said oh yes I am. Shortly thereafter two more people came by to check out my hair, and tell me that they didn't realize it was me, blah blah blah. Flattering on the one hand, embarrassing on the other. In the end though, my big curly hair wasn't important whatsoever, it just was an assigned value, for myself and for others. Now it's a clean canvas and that is kinda cool. Also it is cool to sneak up on people, and I really sort of enjoy the fact that my hair is dry 22 seconds after I get out of the shower, change has come and how.
Here is a picture of the new cut.
Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't remember the ears.