Friday, February 20, 2009

A Puzzling Moment

Today's photo comes from the road to Billy Clapp Lake south of Coulee City. Billy Clapp Lake is the slack water behind Pinto Dam, it's part of the Grand Coulee Reclamation project. In fact the main irrigation canal flows into Billy Clapp via Summer Falls. There's a State Park there, it's nice. Anyway for various reasons, Summer Falls was someplace that I always wanted to see and for years secretly wished that we drove down to check it out, instead of fishing, especially on windy days. For whatever reason my dad and I decided to check it out on this trip in August or September of 1994. I remember the falls, as nothing spectacular, but nice none the less. However for some reason, lost to time, I did not take a picture of Summer Falls, instead I took pictures of the wheat fields around it. Go figure, so if you ever go to see Summer Falls, please take a photo for me. Anyway, I took the pictures of the wheat fields because I liked the clouds.
Enjoy
Dan

No comments: