Sunday, February 15, 2009

On This Date

I had planned on going a different direction with the blog today, but then I read HistoryLink.org and realized that today is the 6th anniversary of a very large anti-war demonstration in Seattle. Normally I would not mention such a recent event, except for I was there. Cicely and I had decided to go downtown to shop, eat lunch and do whatever one dreary Saturday afternoon, having no clue that this demonstration was scheduled to take place, we were really in tune with the world at that time. Realizing what we had stumbled onto I went to the Bartell's on 4th and Pike purchased a disposable camera and took a few pictures of the event. They aren't the greatest photos in the world, but I thought I'd share them.
On a separate note, it was really amusing to see how many people carried signs saying, "No blood for oil," or "How many will die for your SUV?" While all the while, also carrying plastic water bottles or having had their signed laminated in a protective plastic coat, as if plastics are not an oil product.
Enjoy
Dan

No comments: