Tuesday, June 1, 2010

400

It's time for another post about how many posts have been done here at America's Finest Blog. Recapping the previous posts about milestone posts; 101st post blog, I didn't want to be called out by Sarah Palin, in the 200th, I admitted there is really no deep philosophical reasoning behind America's Finest Blog and in 300, I admitted without this diversion I would have more questionable hobbies.
400 is just a number, but milestones are good for reflection. 399 posts ago I had no idea what the blog would look like or act like or anything, other than it would not contain digital photography. That rule was broken June 7, 2008, so since then anything it has been anything goes. Originally it was a way to show off to my family and friends the slides and film that had been accumulated over the years, but quickly it became more, it transformed into a way to express, stories, ideas, thoughts and rambling. But always coming back to the pictures, whether it was the words matching the photo or vice versa.
This brings us to 2010, for the most part the scanning of old stuff is done, not completely but close. The original purpose of America's Finest Blog has been exhausted. That pipeline of inspiration is gone, thus leaving me to the current world to look for reason's to blog. Lets face it, 2010, hasn't been a great year thus far, and in an interest to look at the world in a positive light, it has been easier to look elsewhere for things to ramble about. Truth is at 400 posts this blog is sick, my time spend with it seems to be very limited, work and family seen to use all my energy. But I still try to publish 3 times week, floundering along until something gives me inspiration. Not to say 2008 and 2009 didn't contain floundering, oh I floundered, but inspiration often was just a slide away. It's different now but I am too stubborn and afraid to stop publishing, for fear of this dying off a sad death. I suppose I also do this for my son, one day I'll print these ramblings and give them to him. They'll hopefully provide glimpse of me and my family. Thus has America's Finest Blog become nothing more than a living history of a madman? Please stop me if this starts to sound like a manifesto for living off the grid. Until then, the second half of 2010 my inspiration will be the boy.
So tonight in celebration of the 400th post, 400 blurry photos of random stuff...
Just Kidding, instead my current inspiration.
Enjoy and keep reading
Dan

No comments: