Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

As a kid, tonight was the roughest night of the year, I would barely be able to get to sleep and then I would only sleep for a short time, as I knew Santa or later Mom and Dad, would be putting out the gifts I had been lobbying for since the Sears Catalog had arrived. We may not have had a heck of a lot of money, but my parents did the best they could and we where seldom disappointed. As an adult I find myself doing things that are for the kid to enjoy, even though I don't consult the kid and have sell the idea to him. If I where to think back to my youth, I'd realize that it wasn't so much the experiences as it was the toys. The one experience I did enjoy was going downtown to the Bon Marche to get my mom's gift, with my Dad and my sisters. It really was never quite as much fun to go to Aurora Village or the Alderwood Mall.
Merry Christmas

No comments: