Friday, January 7, 2011

The Big Five Double O

It is the 500th blog post, oh my where does the time go? Back in June, when I did the 400th blog post, I said that 2010 hadn't been all that great and that the blog was moving along looking for inspiration. Well since then things got a whole lot worse, and I have no inspiration. But what this silly little diversion has become is a silly little diversion. Something I can do three or four times a week to focus on me, not my family, not work, not my Dad and not his dog, but me. It has in that sense become even more dear to me. I could really care less about the quality of the blog or do I care that the stated purpose of the blog is totally ignored 98% of the time these days, I sit down and I type a few words and enjoy the process. Tonight's 500th post coincides, ironically, with the incorporation of the City of Wenatchee, the place I spent much time between the 400th and 500th posts, none of the time was very pleasant, but it had it's moments I suppose. Those moments seemed to all be at one of two restaurants. In fact almost all my fond memories of Wenatchee are of restaurants, not to say that they have great food in the town. Long before Wenatchee became the world's apple capital, they say a fellow named McBride first settled in the area now known as Wenatchee, his income was made by selling illegal whiskey to the Indians. Maybe that is why so many I have known from that town have been befouled by that spirit or other addictions. Still it is that place and all the long lonesome drives and crazy circumstances that have given this blog new life. So here's to Wenatchee and another 100 posts.

1 comment:

jerrie said...

Let's raise a glass (and a Chevy) to those restaurants.