Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Vast Nothingness

I spent Monday afternoon flying down to Phoenix, the route takes you over Eastern Oregon and The Great Basin and eventually St. George, Utah and the Grand Canyon. The Grand Canyon was spectacular, a bit of snow with the red and orange rocks it was brilliant. But the highlight was the Great Basin with a cover of snow, a vast nothingness with an occasional road here or there stretching off as far as the eye could see. These roads were amazing as they seemed almost perfectly straight. I wished I had driven down to experience those roads, the landscape and the topography. Again that urge to drop everything and just hit the road nearly got me, but alas good parenting by my parents and the love of these two, saw me instead spend 3 days in meeting...

No comments: