Friday, January 14, 2011

My Kodachrome

I finally received my 3 boxes of kodachrome slides back from Dwayne's Photo of Parsons, Kansas. Dwayne's was the world's last Kodachrome processor. The film is beautiful and the color is amazing. What I will now long regret is not shooting more slide film, these 3 rolls of Kodachrome were my first, problably last slide film. I have several rolls of 35mm black and white film and bunch of color film laying around, I think I might try to shoot it this year from time to time. Film is so much different from digital, it took over a year to shoot 3 rolls of kodachrome. That's about 108 shots, I can do that in an evening with the elk, using a digital camera. Even now looking at the slides I have, I don't know if I truly used the film wisely. I guess part of that, was not having use the stuff before I assumed it was much slower than it actually was, that tidbit I didn't realize until the very end. Oh well it was fun and I can say I shot three rolls of kodachrome. In the days to come, watch for some of the slides to make there way to this, America's Finest Blog.
Dan

No comments: