Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Lighthouses

It has been noted about 100 posts ago that I am obsessed with lighthouses.  This belief is very strong in a particular person.  I don't believe I am obsessed with lighthouses as I noted 100 posts ago, in fact still most my photos of lighthouses are of the same lighthouse.  But still I am called obsessed, whatever and besides there are plenty of retirees driving around in RVs taking photos of lighthouses to turn into postcards to sell at gas stations near that particular lighthouse.  They seem to make enough money to put gas in the RV and eat a couple of meals at the Sizzler a week, so it can't be all that bad.  It was even a subject of a Walmart photo department ad, so it must be common.  Note I am not endorsing the Walmart photo department, my feeling about that place, can be saved for another post.  Anyway, lighthouses are photogenic and have a certain built in romanticism so forgive me for photographing them.  Tonight's photos are of the Hecta Head Lighthouse, photographed first in the 1960's by my Grandmother and then again by me on my 2001 road trip.  Note neither photo is all that good.  Also note, that Hecta Head has the strongest light of any lighthouse on the Oregon Coast.

1 comment:

jerrie said...

I love it when you compare two photos like this. It makes me look at each of them more closely.