Friday, October 28, 2011

Fade Into Memory

Well today was likely my last trip to Wenatchee.  I may past through the place from time to time on my way somewhere else, but today was the last time I specifically went to Wenatchee as a destination. Of course I could be wrong and this would all be premature, but I'll take my chances.  I on my way out of town today, I stopped at Dusty's one last time and then went to the Save On and photographed their sign.  I have noticed that sign for countless years and have wanted to photograph it for at least the last ten.  Every trip in Wenatchee, especially in years past when I didn't go as often, I wondered if the sign would still be there.  Now that will be a curiosity that will slowly return, if and when I make my way through town again.  Funny though, as I drove out of town this last time and started west along US 2, I strangely didn't feel anything, instead I enjoyed the brilliant yellows and reds of the leaves in the sunlight of late autumn.

1 comment:

jerrie said...

That's a good sign.