Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pass That Shuttlecock

Tonight a found photo, ladies playing badminton.  Now I have had a bit of time to reflect and try to make sense of what has happened recently, but I am not really ready to deep dive into it for the blogging world to mull over.  Instead as I was looking through some documents in my office, I saw this photo, and being in a reflective mood, I thought by back to my badminton for credit days in college.  You see a friend wanted me to take badminton with her, since it sounded like fun and she needed the P.E. credit.  I didn't need the P.E. credit, but it sounded amusing.  Until I found out it was at 9 AM, I preferred classes that started at 10 AM or better yet 11 AM.  I remember staggering into the gym twice a week, mostly smelling of beer and gin and then playing badminton against the two most unskilled humans in Ellensburg, an eighteen year old Asian kid and a Mexican lady in her mid forties.  They would pass that shuttlecock over the net and I would slap it back in their faces, literally.  I was, and in fact still am a bit embarrassed by this, I spend most of the hour winching and saying, "Oops, I am sorry," or "I hope that didn't hurt too much." 

No comments: