Saturday, October 22, 2011

So It Is That Time

You know with the changing of the leaves and dampening of the weather comes election season, being an odd year election you might think not much is going on.  Well you could be right or you could be wrong.  There is I-1183, which would allow liquor to be sold at Costco and various gas stations and mini marts.  I've been to California and I have purchased gin at the Albertson's, novel and fun.  I don't really care if I can do that in North Bend or any place else in this state.  It's probably not a good thing to sell 150 proof rum at gas stations, really I don't much care if we can or cannot do it.  I have a few concerns, privatization would take away deceit state jobs for people that probably would otherwise have a hard time getting a deceit state job.  The greatest concern though is the $22 million that Costco has spent to buy a law that would be advantageous to Costco.  The initiative process should not be used for corporations to buy advantageous laws.  Just like last year, this legislation should have been taken care of by our elected representatives in Olympia not tossed to Costco's lawyers to create an initiative for the benefit of Costco.     

No comments: