Monday, November 5, 2012

The Time Grows Near

Once again we have come to the greatest moment of a representative democracy, which is of course election day.  We are all very lucky to be able to vote our conscience without fear of recourse.  The cynical would also say that we are able to vote without fear of change, since both major parties are really just run by unions, cooperation's, banks and the industrial military complex and the elected officials on both sides of the aisle are just puppets. 
I choose not to prescribe to that theory, instead I like to think that we as a voting public, tend to not hold our elected officials accountable.  That we the voting public tend to forget that our elected officials work for us, not vice versa.  So when you vote, don't be afraid to show them who is boss.  Just like they always said, our vote is our voice and if we use it wisely we are the ones in control. 
That all said if I had 25 cents for every negative television, radio, print ad or phone call I've been subject too for the last sixty days, I could buy a congressional seat of my own.  I will be glad when that part is over.

No comments: