Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thoughts

This chilly morning I drove out to put gas in my wife's car and passed by a yard that recently was dug up for some drainage field work, exciting stuff.  Okay, not so exciting, anyway the dirt yard and chilly air reminded me of December 1976.  It was just after we moved from Seattle to Mountlake Terrace and the landscaping had not yet been done on our new home.  In Seattle we had mature landscaping and places for kids to play, including a sandbox, so the lack of any landscaping was tough for a six year old kid.  One day I remember in particular was probably during Christmas break going outside to play in the yard, it was bitter cold and the ground solid like concrete.  It wasn't much fun and after a few mintues I went back inside.  Eventually, the landscaping was done, but I am not sure our Mountlake Terrace yard was ever as interesting or nice as our Seattle yard.   Today's photo is of our Mountlake Terrace yard shortly after the grass had been planted.

No comments: