Friday, November 30, 2012

Sometimes the Concept is Better Than Reality

Recently I saw the film the BBC was filming at San Quentin when Johnny Cash's album was recorded.  Ever since I first heard Live at San Quentin, I wondered about the BBC film.  It had to be cool, it was the BBC and Johnny Cash at San Quentin.  It was bad, it was that great though, it was half Johnny Cash and half prison life in America.  The lighting on the cover of Live at San Quentin eludes to a smoke filled room with great lighting.  Well it was a smoke filled room, just a very bright room, I am guessing that the photo for the album cover came from a different concert.  The other thing that was surprising was that for a good portion of the concert Johnny Cash is sitting down with a music stand in front of him, which its what you would think if you heard the album.  Since this a photo blog and I don't have any photos of Johnny Cash or San Quentin, I will contrast this disappointment with another example of something that stuck in my mind, this time something that ended up being really cool.  Cool like what I thought it might be like in my mind.  That is Molson, WA, the ghost town in the Okanogan.  So tonight Molson.

No comments: