Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Ferry Ride

On this date 34 years ago, a ferry ran for the first time in 40 years, it was the Edmonds to Port Townsend run.  The run returned due to the Hood Canal bridge sinking in a wind storm earlier in the month.  That is another story all together, I remember being woken up by my Dad in the middle of the night as the wind howled outside, I remember lighting too, but that probably didn't happen.  Any back to the ferry, I remember taking that ferry during spring break with my Mom, sister and some friends.  We spent the day in Port Townsend, climbing the stairs and hills of the town, which is probably the most exercise I can ever remember my Mom doing at one time.  Tonight's photo the ferry dock that we used.

1 comment:

jerrie said...

Is that ferry still active? Let's take the families on this trip this spring!