Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fun With Photoshop

I'm a believer, fan and practitioner of straight photography. The straight photographer, relies on subject and composition to create a memorable photo, not darkroom magic. That said, it is kind of fun to go into a darkroom and manipulate a photograph to hell and back. Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it looks really manipulated. Spending hours in the darkroom is what I miss the most about 35mm photography that and my Cannon T50. Photoshop, is the darkroom of the digital age and like the darkroom sometimes it fun to mess around with a photo to see what you get. I'm a novice at the wonders of photoshop, so mostly I ruin photos, not enhance them. Keeping all this in mind, today's entry is a recent photo I took at Gas Works Park, in Seattle and then given the old one two Photoshop hatchet job, a la The Dan.
Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this alot. So does the ghost of Ansel Adams. It looks like Quin is having a close encounter of the third kind.