Monday, March 2, 2009

Mom in the Great Outdoors

My mother wasn't really an outdoors person, after all the outdoors contained bugs and dirt. I don't really remember my mother being flexible on this subject either, other than we owned a travel trailer for a time. I remember her lamenting about the fact the trailer required cleaning all the time when we went camping. So to see my mother in the great outdoors and actually giving it, "the old college try," with regards to enjoying herself, is surprising. It also is refreshing and proof that just about anyone can do anything.
Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy does this bring on a flashback. I so remember that moment. I believe we were in the Olympics somewhere and for me it was quite a walk. I'll bet only a mile or so - the Staircase? Anyway, it was a very big deal for mom to cross that bridge. We were cheering her on and I was worried she wouldn't do it. I'll bet I was six or so. Thanks, Dan.