Sunday, August 16, 2009

15 Years Gone

It was on this date in 1994, I boarded a Delta Airlines flight from JFK to Frankfurt en route to Prague. It is one of the seminal events in my life. It is still the date that I use to separate old Dan from new Dan. I won't go into too much depth here, but my trip to New York and Prague changed me, I was new again and the life I live now, largely is a result of that trip and the years that have followed. It has been as if the experiences and some of the people I encountered prior to this time were just practice. New Dan embraced the unknown and a uncharted path, to the point that offers to live and work in New York, were passed upon, partly due to the timing of events and partly because, at that time, I needed to stand alone and be something. I can say that I never got to the point of seriously questioning not leaving NYC, however I was close enough to that point that if I allowed myself the time to really think about it, I would have probably stayed. But hey I went to Prague, so here are some pictures from the world's most beautiful city.
Dan

1 comment:

jerrie said...

This is good to know. Someday you will have to tell me more.