Sunday, August 23, 2009

When You Go to San Francisco...


Tonight's discussion is why the modern world is so much better than the olden world. Especially when only considering the medium of photography. Now days we can go spend $20 on a 2GB memory card and take 1600 photographs of our family vacation. In rougher times, like the 1970's, you would get a roll of 20 or 24 exposure film to take with you on your vacation of a lifetime. Furthermore, and to make matters worse, that film was for a Kodak Tele-Instamatic 608. Them were the bad ol' days alright. This was what my mother was up against when she went to San Francisco, CA, back in 1974 or '75, so the photos are few and some are blurry, because with a 608, you needed a zen-like quality to make you body completely still, lots and lots of light, a stationary object and the good graces of God to get a decent photo. Tonight I will be showing off a couple of these photographs.
As an aside, I remember when my mom took this trip, because it was first time I remember that sisters and myself all got shipped off to my grandparent's house and the same time, it would only happen one other time and that was a disaster and different story... But this time was a lot of fun, I can remember my grandma making buckwheat hotcakes for everyone, ah good times.
Anyway Enjoy the photos
Dan

1 comment:

jerrie said...

I bought an earring cuff in San Fran the summer mom died. I wear it always in memory of her and this trip. Thanks for posting these pictures.