Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Gee Mr. Spock You're So Stiff or Does Vulcan Have a Single Payer Health Care Option

Ol' Mr. Spock is just so stiff and lifeless, Republicans will tell you that he was turned to wax waiting to get a strep test in one of Vulcan's poorly staffed publicly funded community health centers. Yet further proof that a single payer system cannot work...
What does it say about America when a guy named Rockefeller is standing up for middle class individuals. Strange days indeed, or maybe not so strange after all do you really thing anyone on Capitol Hill really works for, "We the people..."
But I will tell who was working for, "Check SpellingWe the people," why it was Movieland. Bringing us wax versions of big stars, you can touch wax, but not big stars. But it was strange that Movieland's photographer couldn't avoid the dreaded red eye. It was also strange that my parents required my sister and I to touch Spock and the look on my face.
Now on to Movieland Wax Museum, it opened May 4, 1962, and featured the tallest sign in Orange County, now isn't that fun. Unfortunately, Movieland has gone the way of the Passenger Pigeon, extinct. But good news the gift shop is now a Starbucks. I was one of the 43 million people that visited the place in the 43 years it was open. I can't really say I remember the place, I can say that the Star Trek set was one of the few things I recognized, not that I actually enjoyed Star Trek when I was 5. I do remember touching Spock, and being unsure, because he was so unreal. It just wasn't logical, but either is the smile on my face.

No comments: