Friday, October 22, 2010

Looking Ahead, Not Looking Back

So tonight instead of looking at the past two months and contemplating the way my life has changed, I am going to look forward. Tomorrow I will be going to the Japanese Gardens at Washington Park to take photos, without other too many other people around. It is something I have been looking forward to for the last 10 days. That said, the last ten days have been some of the toughest days in recent memory. So I am really excited to go and do it, but at the same time, I am a bit down since the weather has turned grey. I don't think I needed the additional melancholy, but guess I will use it to my advantage. I also worry that after this I don't have much to look forward to for awhile. That sort of thing is importan right now. And of course a bit of me will be in Wenatchee, but that won't be any different than any other day for the last two months.
Tomorrow will not be the first time I'll been to the Japanese Gardens, I've been once before, when Cicely's parents came up to Seattle for the first time. Tonight's photo is from that visit, a grey March day as I recall.
Dan

No comments: