Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Stepping Back

I have found myself recently so overwhelmed and consumed by the events in my life, that I has ceased feeling anything. Numbly I have been attempting to juggle, family, life and work, to poor results. I came to the conclusion this evening that I would bury myself if I continued. So what to do, there is the stoic and selfless act of motoring on, or I could drop interest in the family or work, or I could simply walk away from the stress for awhile. This is by far the hardest of the choices, in fact a younger and more rested version of me would consider the act, weakness. But a tired and older and wiser me, understands the war will not be won by fighting any battles in the next couple of days, so why not regroup and recharge. Tonight a visit to the lonely hi-way. This is the Sunset Highway just south of the Big-Y. The road may have been bypassed 50 some years ago, but the white line is still doing its' job. I suppose there is a lesson in there some place.
Dan

1 comment:

jerrie said...

I think the white line can have permission to give up now and fade in the sun.