Sunday, May 15, 2011

Continuing With A Theme

I spent my weekend in Wenatchee, where it was warm and muggy, then wet and wetter.  I really enjoy Eastern Washington, but not so much in the rain, then again I don't really much like any place in the rain.  Never mind the weather, my trips to that town are becoming less and less necessary and within the next couple months will probably stop being made at all.  So last night as I went a burger joint I have been going to with my Dad since I was 6 or 7 years old, I noticed the old outdoor cooler, a hold over from the days when it was just a white washed burger stand.  I thought to myself how may more times might I go there, and see the faded word 'ice,' I realized that it will never be significant to my son, at least on my account, then I wondered what mundane objects will have meaning in his life.

No comments: