Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nothing To Say

I don't really have anything to talk about today, so I am going talk about the boy.  He enjoys baseball, well, pretty much any sport, but baseball mostly.  Since he was two we have been pitching balls to him and he has with varying success hit some back.  I have many pictures of these moments, from various times and locations.  That has gotten me to thinking, something in the family photos we just don't see is anyone playing sports.  That is partially because we aren't the most athletic of families, but we all played something as a kid, whether it was on team or in a backyard.  Even my mom golfed for a while.  Very few photos, so few you can say no photos of these events.  It could be that everyone was too involved in the activity to take a photo, or maybe it just was never considered photo worthy.  The boy, lucky for his kids and grand kids, has plenty of these sorts of photos.  That's great but it doesn't make up for the general lack photos of myself, my parents and grandparents enjoying games.

No comments: