Sunday, July 24, 2011

Now and Then

So Cicely and I went to Leaveworth this last weekend and explored the Wenatchee Valley.  As we did on our honeymoon, 9 years ago.  It was an interesting experience, one could not help but think about what was different or what was the same.  What struck me as interesting was that I have soften up enough or gotten old, one of the two and actually really enjoyed myself this time.  Not that I didn't enjoy myself the first time, this time it was better and an enjoyment on a different level.  My love for Cicely has changed, it is more complex and deeper now than back in 2002.  Leavenworth, on the other hand really hasn't changed too much, it has changed, a few stores have left and a few more have come.  Overall though the theme remains.  It isn't like we haven't been to Leavenworth in the last 9 years, we have been there several times, just not over night.  All this has got me to spent much time thinking about how other things in my life have evolved and changed through the ebbs and flows of time.  It is a reminder that everything is always moving, you can't always tell but today is not just like yesterday. 

No comments: