Sunday, July 31, 2011

Retrospect

After Friday's post I began to think, why was that photo of me taken at the computer?  Four reasons come to mind, first it was neat that I was working a fancy computer.  It was neat that we had a fancy computer.  There is some sort of artist merit to the phone or lastly I didn't ever do homework, so this was picture worthy.  I did my homework, so that can't be it, the photo has no artistic merit and that leaves option one or two.  I think about mother, who I presume took the photo, it must have been something to have this computer, having grown up in the 1940's and 50's.  It was a different time so it had to be somewhat sci-fi for her.  Then again, she may have shot the photo for a completely different reason, the march of time and technology may not have crossed her mind.  I know when I see my son playing Angry Birds on my phone, I don't think in awe to my youth and think that my grandparents had a rotary dial phone and now my kid is playing Angry Birds.  If I did, I might think back to something my Dad said, when I got my first Legos back when I was about 4 years old, he told me that I was lucky because there weren't toys like that when he was a kid.  Anyway, a picture of the boy playing Angry Birds, not because of the technology, but because of the lighting. 

1 comment:

jerrie said...

Natural light is my favorite. He has a pretty cool shirt on, too.