Saturday, September 6, 2008

Mission Accomplished


Unlike Mr. Bush, I’m not speaking too soon, in fact I'm saying this because it is true. It only took 4.5 months to do, but this morning at 1 AM, I completed the transferring of my grandparent's photographs. The photograph above is the 1260th and final scan, a forgettable photo, but oh well.
To celebrate this occasion, I have decided on a new and understated title for my blog and to feature several photo's of my grandmother, the primary photographer in the Paar Family. For years she stood in the shadow of my larger than life Grandfather, but as his fire began to wane in his later years, hers shown brightly. It was then that I realized what a remarkable woman she really was. More on that in future blogs, but for now, here are 3 photos of my Grandmother. The first is from Suamico, WI, during a silver thaw in an orchard on a family friend's farm, circa mid 1910's. The girl holding my grandmother is named Lydia Walsh. Second is from roughly the same time frame, and is photo of my grandmother with a doll, on the back she wrote, is this why I disliked dolls? She had been left at a family friend's home, with only the doll to console her, while her mother went shopping. The final photo is from the late 1940's, or more likely the early 1950's, it is my Grandmother dressed for Easter Sunday.
Enjoy
Dan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a feat. What a labor of love. I am truely impressed with your dedication. Grandma would say, "Why did you waste your time on that." But, I know why and I'm grateful. Do I get a copy or do I have to buy it on ebay?