Saturday, September 13, 2008

Olmstead State Park

Today we look at several photos taken at Olmstead State Park, just east of Ellensburg. Why you ask, is Olmstead the center of an earmarking controversy that will change Presidential politics for ever? Or did Obama state that he wished that Pallin was more like the Olmstead sisters, that is, single and childless? Well fateful readers, no Olmstead is just a quiet park that will not become quieter because Doc Hastings, Patty Murray and John McCain earmarked $3.1 billion build a 5 mile tunnel on I-90 along the route past Olmstead. Nor has Obama ever mentioned the Olmsteads.
Instead Olmstead is where I spent my Saturday afternoon along with the wife and kid. We went to the annual Threshing Bee which I must say was a bit disappointing, but I think since we went in the afternoon and most the folks there were really, really old, the good stuff must happen in the early morning. Lots of cool tractors though and the boy liked it, so all in all a good time. I've included photos from today's journey with this post so, that's fun huh. Finally we stopped by I and had a nice visit with the Artist (see Artist, Artist Redux, etc.) and his wife. Anyway I'd like to say thanks for the coffee and the hummus.
Hey if you would like to see more of the ol' Threshing Bee check out the Picasa web album: http://picasaweb.google.com/rustedvan
Enjoy
Dan