Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thud

That is the sound of the world hitting you upside the head, or the sound of Air Force jets attempting to intercept wayward seaplanes. This evening it was the former, last Tuesday it would have been the latter, just for the record. After spending a most enjoyable weekend with my family and friends, I received troubling news this evening. It is funny how the troubling news or a discouraging event can make you enjoy and appreciate moments leading up to it. I mean I really appreciate what great weekend I had and I especially appreciate the components of the great weekend. Dwelling in the past isn't always healthy, but reminding yourself that before the darkness there was light, fosters hope for the return of the light and the passing of darkness. Tonight's photo is of my dad, we would go on several fishing trips a year when I was a kid before I got work. Even though many of them were not successful, most were and a bad trip never stopped us from planning another trip.

No comments: