Sunday, August 29, 2010

Sitting on a Dock on a Lake

Tonight's photo represents fear to me. This is my sister Debbie and I on the dock at Lake Fontell. I remember hating this dock, because it scared me to death. It wasn't the stablest of platforms, it would rock and sway with each step, I was sure that my next step would dump me in the lake to be consumed by the man eating Brook Trout of a four year old's mind. I can remember going out on that dock several times as a kid and I hated each time. Fear of the Lake Fontell dock, led me to fear all docks. It wasn't until I was a teenager that got over my fear of docks, but even today the first step is always a bit of an unknown. That can be said for so many of life's events, you just never know when the flimsy dock will give way and you swimming with a 4 year old's idea of fish. However by overcoming that fear, it allows us to experience new things and take on rolls utterly foreign and unexpected.

No comments: