Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Day Late

Funny thing happened yesterday, I was going to blog about my dad's birthday, but I forgot. Instead I researched insurance information and purchased tabs for his truck. I knew it was his birthday, but then it got lost in the shuffle. Growing up it was like too, we didn't really do much for my Dad's birthday. We would make a big deal about everyone's birthdays except my dad's. Dad always seemed to be working on his birthday, so we would celebrate a few days later on his day off. It wasn't until I was in college did I even realize that his birthday was 9/14, all I knew was it happened to be in September. It's not something I'm proud of, but it is what it is and so we move on. Dad celebrated his most recent birthday with a burger, while he continues to recover. All things considered it is wonderful to be celebrating these milestones. Not too long ago it didn't seem likely to occur. So raise a trout for a virtual toast to my dad, for another birthday and may he become well enough to fish with his grandson. Tonight's photo, my Dad virtually reeling in the big one with Quincy.

No comments: