Sunday, September 12, 2010

Finding the Johnson Sea Horse

Awhile back, June 22, 2008, to be exact, I posted a photo I found in an antique store in Fremont. I call it the Johnson Sea Horse for the outboard motor on boat in the picture. It is a fabulously bad photo, but still I enjoy it, mostly I guess because the photographer actually tried to create a nice shot.
Anyway this last trip to San Diego we went to Maritime Museum there and checked out ships and subs and what not. On one of the docks were some outboard motors and among them a Johnson Sea Horse. The excitement was overwhelming, for me at least, the famous outboard from the photo there within touch.
Have I mentioned lately that I am a dork, if I have, then good. I have learned lately that you need to find joy in the things at make you smile and to take the time to enjoy those moments. All the crap in our lives can always wait on these moments.
Dan

No comments: