Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Being Drawn Back

The Swauk Prairie seems to draw me back in again and again. It's a place that I have visited since I was a kid. By visited I mean, driven through. It is an altogether peaceful place and someplace that I am always happy to pass through. On any drive there are portions that are not enjoyable or there is something that you will not look forward to, but a funny thing about the prairie, I don't really think about it until I am there and then I see it and consider the seemingly unchanged timelessness of it. It's much different from my youth, much different from even ten years ago. Its like looking at an old friend or your wife, they seem to be locked in a place where they aren't young like when you met, but not old like you remember your parent's friends when they were your current age.

No comments: