Friday, December 30, 2011

Cavalcade of The Best

You just can't title all your blog entries as, "Best of 2011 xxxx."  Anyway tonight's best focuses on my little valley, the Snoqualmie Valley to be exact.  I have two photos from the upper valley and one from the lower valley.  The first photo is of a telegraph poll on the old Monroe Branch of the Milwaukee Road.  The lines that ran on the pole took messages to my great grandfather at the Tolt Station, where he was the Station Agent and Telegraph Operator.  Second photo is of a small house on the North Fork Road, it sits in between multi-million dollar properties.  On winter mornings there is always a great deal of smoke coming from the stove pipe, the place seems more genuine than it's neighbors.  My favorite valley photo for the year comes from the lower valley between Fall City and Carnation, I've photographed this barn before, but on this late May day the cows had come home. 
Enjoy
Dan

No comments: