Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tonight's The Night

Tonight's the night, the longest night of the year.  Local radio station KEXP played Neil Young's Tonight's The Night to mark the occasion.  The song reminded me of a hot August weekend some years back.  I ran into my friend Ryan and asked if I wanted to head to Seattle to go to Bumbershoot and see the Supersuckers.  We were going to meet a couple friends their. We jumped in his car, called the Moon Buggy and headed west.  It had no stereo that I can remember, so it was conversation that occupied us for the drive.  By the time we reached Seattle and Lower Queen Anne, we had broken into a spontaneous singing of Tonight's The Night, complete with many fits and starts as we tried to remember all the words.  We got to Bumbershoot with enough time to have a couple beers, before the show.  Once at the show we stayed for a song or two and decided another beer was in order.  After that beer we headed back to find the show was over and our friends no where in sight.  We decided to mill about the city for a bit and finally headed back to Ellensburg getting in about 5 AM, at that point continent with a good night of beer, the road and conversations we headed off to our homes.  It is at that point Mr Johnson came across me and I was off to another adventure.  That is a story of another time.  Tonight's the night, yes it is...

No comments: