Sunday, December 4, 2011

Tolt

The Tolt post office opened on this date back in 1883.  Tolt you may know better by the name Carnation, as along about 1922 the town changed it's name from Tolt to Carnation.  It was then changed back to Tolt before it was changed to Carnation (again).  Confused?  As a kid my Great Grandmother lived in Carnation, if you talked to my Mom or in Tolt if you taked to my Grandparents, unless they remembered that I too young to remember Tolt, then she lived in Carnation.  See my Grandparents lived in Tolt, they grew up there.  My Grandmother moved there when it was Tolt and Grandfather when it was Tolt but after it had been Carnation.  Even today, signs welcome you to Tolt and Carnation.  Tonight  a photo of Tolt, probably after it had been Carnation, but before it became Carnation, I am not sure who the child is, the photo is from 1928.
Enjoy
Dan
 

No comments: